This mosaic is taken from the ancient synagogue in Maon, east of Kibbutz Nirim in the Negev. The mosaic, which was created during the Byzantine period and discovered in 1957, symbolizes the blessing given to the local community. The size of the original mosaic was 10.2 meters in length and 5.4 meters in width.
“He stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion”
Stones: natural, artificial
Stone size: 06, 08, 10 mm
Size: 240×120 cm